Helping People Help People
Founded in 1952. The R.K. Laros Foundation, Inc, a non-profit charitable trust, was established by Mr. Russell K. Laros and Mrs. Helen K. Laros with a Deed of Trust on November 16th, 1952. The Foundation was established to support community non-profit organizations serving the arts, education, the environment, health, historical preservation and public and human services. The Foundation welcomes grant proposals for projects that will have a lasting impact for the organization and the community it serves.
The Foundation's Mission Statement
The R.K. Laros Foundation has a strong commitment to the Bethlehem Community. Our goal is to provide grants to non-profit charitable organizations, where those grants will either seed or support programs that might not otherwise occur. We focus on initiatives that will have a continuing benefit to the community and the people it serves.
· Community Impact - The project should have outcomes that will impact the larger community.
· Diversity - The grant proposal should address the organizations ambitions to serve and celebrate diversity in the community.
· Future Focused - In addition to current needs, the grant should address ongoing needs.
· Lasting Impact - The foundation primarily supports bricks and mortar capital projects with provisions for capital reserve funding to sustain the project over time.
· Make a Difference - The Laros Foundation prefers projects that are unlikely to reach fruition without grant support.
· Matching Opportunity - The Foundation prefers grant opportunities where Matching Grants are available and made more accessible by virtue of Laros support.
· People Impact -The project should benefit the individuals served by the non-profit organization. and the larger community.
· Specific Organizations or Causes - Organizations or causes that were significant to Mr. and Mrs. R.K Laros and the Laros family receive preference.